Author archives: Jason
- We got to shoot Jacob's first birthday with a Trash the Cake session, which are always a fun experience. Jacobs grandmother brought a really fun "Cars" themed cake, and with a little prodding, Jacob dove right in.
- I first met Michelle about three years ago I had the wonderful opportunity to photograph Michelle's Brother's wedding. Amber and Michael have become some very good friends of ours over the years, and I was honored that Michelle and Kyle chose me to photograph their wedding on a rather warm July aft[...]
- Sarah and Justin had a fabulous wedding at a little church just outside of Fergus Falls Minnesota. THeir wedding reception took place at Justin's Father's Lake Cabin on a beautiful little lake in rustic Minnesota lakes country.
- My second shoot with Hadley we had an outstanding outdoor session on a beautiful mid-June day. We caught some gorgeous light in a local playground just off of downtown Fargo.
- Tully is what I would call a neo-classical rock star. Dylan, The Kinks...these are her inspirations. We shot downtown, and tried to invoke both a bit of classical 70's rock stars, and a little bit classic Hollywood with my main inspiration being the classic photography of James Dean as pho[...]
- I photographed Jodine & Brandon on a misty May morning at Buffalo River State Park just outside of Dilworth Minnesota. The rain, a light spring speckling didn't stop us from capturing some excellent shots among the trees and sprawling grasslands in the park.
- I went to high school with both Sarah and Justin, and actually knew Sarah very well. I was so very happy to hear about her Engagement to Justin, and jumped at the chance to photograph their wedding. Justin was working as an actor at a theater in Tennesee, and only had a few days off to come up[...]
- Hadley is a bit of a return customer. I photographed her parents wedding two years ago, a lovely ceremony in a beautifull church in Fergus Falls. We'll be shooting her first full year as part of our "Year One" package.
- I've been asked quite a few times, how do you approach weddings. And after five years of shooting, I have to say I tend to fragment wedding photography into two very distinctive approaches. Storytelling vs. Heirloom Photography Sitting on my desk is rather neat carousel of photographs. In it I h[...]